Sunderland, St.John the Baptist (1896)
A line drawing of St John the Evangelist Church in the East End of Sunderland, which at the time was the most deprived area in the town. The church was designed by John THORNHILL, the cousin who bequeathed the Thornhill Estate to Christopher THORNHILL provided he change his name. The church was demolished in 1972.
Drawing courtesy of Sunderland Public Libraries (CC BY-SA 2.0)